Google Digital 101 (Also known as DigitalSkillsNg) is a digital Awareness, Knowledge, Skills and Mastery Training and Mentoring Programme designed to leapfrog Nigeria to massive job creation, enterprise profitability, projects, programmes and policy visibility. It is a Youthnomics program powered by Google Nigeria, and implemented by MindTheGap, with other amazing Social Enterprises; AccessDriveNg TeamHRServices, EdupowerWorld, Hyelda etc.
It leverages the unique qualities and aspirations of the youth to INNOVATE, DIGITALISE and AMPLIFY every sector of the Nigeria economy thereby providing UNPARALLELED acceleration and global EXPOSURE for Nigeria GOODS & SERVICES. The DigitalSkillsNg NG training provides every youth with a day (3 hours) Digital 101 training that inspires and connect participants to Youthnomics community.
DigitalSkillsNg currently run in Nigeria in partnership with SMEDAN (Small and Medium Enterprise Development Agency of Nigeria), Federal Ministry of Youth & Sports (FMYS), and The Office of the Senior Special Assistant to The President on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs),
The training gives YOU a strong and compelling awareness of digital marketing and build your confidence to articulate a value proposition to would be Employer or Business owner that you want to Digitize and Amplify. Digital 101 has six training modules:
- Who Moved My Cheese? An introduction to the massive shift to Digital from Traditional lifestyle. (Where you are and where you love to be! Assessment and Goal setting)
- Features and Marketing functionalities of different digital platforms: Google Search, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Digital You! Be Found, Be Relevant, Be Engaging, Be Accountable
- Do's and Don’ts of Digital Marketing
- Content marketing, Social media and Brand Building.
- Monetization functionalities and opportunities.
Networking is a critical part of building meaningful relationships in business and in our personal lives. Open technologies have afforded us a new way to meet and interact, however the principles of networking are no different whether you’re engaging online, through mobile or offline and in person. Here are a few principles that are important:
- Explore online marketing strategy with the experts. Learn how to create a marketing plan and use social media like Facebook, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter to market your business online.
- Use google products to discover best practices for search engine optimization (SEO) to drive sales leads and increase customer engagement.
- Figure out what you can work on together, what you can create or what idea you can develop.
- Be the signal, Not the Noise: Spend five minutes on Social Networks and you’ll quickly become overwhelmed, not just by the quantity of information, but also by the amount of noise being created by self-promoting, self-aggrandizing and self-important “enthusiasts.” Measure your own output and try to ensure that what you share is meaningful, valuable and something that people actually want to see or read.
- Be purposeful in what you do. Think about the why of every action you take, every piece of communication you share and every interaction or new relationship you forge. People rarely think about the “why” of something, only the “what” and the “how.” We are all generally more fulfilled when we live purposeful lives, so stop and think about this, and you will become immediately more interesting to others and stand out as someone who matters. Also, see my previous answer because, if you want to stand out, you have to also be curious about other people.